Tuesday 15 January 2013

A healthier me.


Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I love food, I really do, and I eat a lot of it. Having an extremely sweet tooth, unfortunately, I eat a lot of the wrong kinds of foods too. I do love fruit and vegetables, but my biggest weakness is for sweet things. Over Christmas, as most people do, I may have over indulged slightly. Up until last Saturday, our cupboards were full of biscuits, selection boxes, brandy snaps, Thornton's, roses, quality street, cake & Wonka Bars (how amazing are they?! They were from Santa!). But this Saturday, David & I made our way through the very last box of chocolates, and that's it. No more sweet treats in the house. I don't plan on getting any more for a little while either, and when I do buy some, I will eat them sensibly, making the packets last, not scoffing them down in one day!

I am determined to get healthier this year. I don't particularly want to loose weight (although a little toning in a few areas wouldn't go amiss!) but I just want to feel healthier. I want to climb the stairs without getting out of breath, I want to shift my iron deficiency, I want a healthy glow to my skin instead of it looking tired and dull all the time. I want to feel satisfied and full of energy after a meal, rather than bloated and tired due to ridiculously large portions. 

Fingers crossed, if our saving continues the way it is, David and I will be getting married by the end of 2013, and that will be my motivation for a healthier lifestyle. I don't want to diet, I don't want to start going to the gym, and I don't want to cut out any foods. I just want to take a little more thought over what I'm putting in my body, and I want to spend a little more time exercising.

I am starting the 30 day shred again, but instead of completing it in 30 days, I'm going to do it at least 3 times a week. When I did it before I saw amazing results and it really helped shift my baby weight, but as I said, I just want to feel fitter and look a little more toned. I want to walk more. I've started drinking 2 Litres of water a day, which is a massive step for me. I am guilty of regularly going to bed thinking 'oops! I forgot to drink anything today!'.

I received some lovely recipe books from family and friends for Christmas, to add to my growing collection, and I want to start using them more. I do try to cook healthy meals from scratch as much as I can, but I find it so easy to slip into the routine of cooking the same meals all the time. So I want to make something new at least once a week. I was thinking I could make it a weekly feature on my blog, what do you think? Would any of you be interested in that?

x ♥

5 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same with the sweet tooth thing!! I can't get enough of all things sweet.. The worst part is that my partner's a dentist so I have to hide all traces of sweets and chocolates haha sad I know!

    I would definitely be interested in your suggested feature.. Oooo and I recommend raspberries for a healthy option to satisfy a sweet tooth, their not too expensive when bought from a market or Aldi and their full of goodness :-)

    http://alongcamemilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet tooth is terrible. Not for chocolate, but for actual sweets. I can't help but devour a bag of Haribo :S

    I love recipe books. Just to look at the beautiful pictures. I think home cooking can immediately make you healthier, as you know exactly what you're putting into your body!!

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitly be interested in that series as I've recently moved out of my parents' and seem to be lacking imagination in meal preparing.
    Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all- I am in envy of your raspberry marshmellow fluff! We do not have that in Alaska and it looks cravingly delicious. I think a recipe a week would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am desperately in need of some more decent healthy but yummy meals. This post has made me think maybe I need to go old school and buy a cookery book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate all of them x