Sunday 16 December 2012

mistletoe hung where you can see
















Hello!

Nine sleeps until Christmas!! Can you believe it?! I am so excited! 

Our house is extremely Christmassy! We decorated last weekend, with a real 7ft Christmas tree in our tiny living room. Our living room is so so small, the smallest I've ever seen, yet David insisted that if we did not have a real, huge tree, it wouldn't be Christmas. I was skeptical to say the least, but am so pleased with it! It is beautiful and has made our living room so cosy and Christmassy, it's perfect! 

I know this will be my 23rd Christmas, however I am still amazed every morning I wake up how dark & cold it is! I keep worrying our clocks are wrong and it is, in fact, the middle of the night as I'm on my way to work! I do love wrapping Lily up warm though, every time we leave the house, in her adorable boots, jackets- and how amazing is her pom pom hat?! I hate having to take it off of her, it is just the cutest thing!

I've been making myself feel as Christmassy as possible to get me through these last few days at work. I've painted my nails red & sparkly and been putting on my candied ginger body butter so I can smell Christmas all day! All the children at work are so excited too, and I've been getting lots of cute cards to 'Miss'! Only four and half more days until the Christmas holidays!

All of my Christmas shopping is completely finished and most of the presents are wrapped and under the tree, only a few more to go! This year we've been buying presents for all the Children in the family and a few close relatives, and all the other adults I've been making Christmas jars, inspired by Becky. I got hold of the jars for 80p each at Ikea, and have been filling them with festive socks, little foil wrapped Christmas chocolates, mini Soap and Glory goodies & tiny gingerbread men soaps for the women, and festive socks, Christmas chocolates,  mini Baileys, little original source shower gels & old fashioned wooden puzzles for the men. I then decorated them with red ribbons, candy canes and gift tags. I'm really pleased with them! Super cheap, but super cute treats for Christmas!

How are your Christmas preparations going?

x ♥

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! You guys look so into the spirit and I love it. That pom pom hat is to die for. We got a 6 footer tree. Our ceiling is tall enough, but the square footage isn't big enough for a wide 7 foot tree. Yay for 9 more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw your house looks so cute and cosy, as does Lily!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe Christams is nearly here- you sounds like you're much more prepared than I am! I love the idea of the Christmas jars too, might have to borrow that idea for next year :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate all of them x