Tuesday 8 March 2011

pancakes









hello! as usual uni work has been taking over completely, it is getting completely overwhelming. I only have 6 weeks left in the studio before my degree exhibition and graduation!! we have easter holidays in between, but 6 weeks is no time at all. Its becoming far too real that I have no idea what to do when those 6 weeks are over, but I have to be grown up and earn money and everything somehow. eek!

I have had a few nice distractions in the middle of all this work though. Oh  comely magazine is one of these- a week ago I went into the studio and on my desk were these two magazines with a note on top from kate. She thought I would love them and i really really! so beautiful and inspiring! I have bought a subscription and cant wait to receive the next issue.

I went home for a weekend a few weeks ago too. My Grandmother is now in a dementia home and we had to clear out her house. It was sad but lovely, really. She had all these lovely hidden treasures nobody knew about that were so so sweet. She had a box with different mementos from her and Grandads wedding- cards and name tags and the cake topper and handmade gifts from nieces and nephews, and newspaper cuttings. She had another little box with similar things from my parents wedding. We found a box of letters my Grandad had written to her when they were first together, that were so sweet and lovely to read. And little sewing boxes with old buttons and fabric and dress patterns that I now have. It all seems to special to use though! 

My David and I have also had our anniversary. 5 years we have now been together!! which seems such a strangely huge number at such a young age, we're only 20!! We had a lovely day out visiting an old manor house and gardens, and spent the evening watching lots and lots of films and drinking wine. And he bought me a book on decorating cupcakes which has the most amazing designs in!! You can see my attempt above- its suppose to be us. they tasted much better than they look! hopefully I'll get better...

I hope you all have  a lovely pancake day!! 

x ♥

8 comments:

  1. This such a sweet post =) I also love Oh Comely, it's so refreshing and not patronising or superfical like some mags are. All those treasures you found from your grandmother's place sound magical- I love little mementos and things from the past, definitely worth treasuring! And congrats on 5 years with your boy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I lovelovelove your darling owl shirt and jacket! And your heart tights. ♥
    How cute are those cupcakes? Almost too cute to eat!

    Oh I'm glad you have all of your grandma's treasures. They sound lovely. :)

    Good luck with the rest of uni and deciding what you are going to do in six weeks. :)

    5 years together? How sweeeeet!♥

    xx,
    ~Abby~

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have the cutest blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes look lovely. Happy anniversary! I'm going to graduate this summer, too. It's a terrifying prospect, and rather sad to be ending. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear dear Rosie,
    I feel so elusive and absent, but I am always so happy to see a new post from you. They never fail to make me smile.
    I'm sorry about your grandma, but I'm glad you found beauty and joy in all of this sadness anyway. And congratulations on you and your David 5 years togehter. He's a lucky boy :)
    MJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, fantastic blog! i'm now following :) x

    http://ohchaarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very belated, but happy 5 years :)
    you photos are so sweet! that owl shirt is adorable, i saw a little shirt with owls on it but sadly i wasn't working at the time and couldn't afford it, and then when i could - it was gone! that's always how it is, isn't it?

    i hope school is fun and not too stressful! good luck with the final few weeks of your program, you are so charming and your work is so beautiful i am sure you'll finish everything perfectly :)

    hope you're well darling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very belated, but happy 5 years :)
    you photos are so sweet! that owl shirt is adorable, i saw a little shirt with owls on it but sadly i wasn't working at the time and couldn't afford it, and then when i could - it was gone! that's always how it is, isn't it?

    i hope school is fun and not too stressful! good luck with the final few weeks of your program, you are so charming and your work is so beautiful i am sure you'll finish everything perfectly :)

    hope you're well darling! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate all of them x