Friday 15 February 2013

BOOTS EXPERT HEAT PROTECTION INTENSIVE CONDITIONER



SAM_0851

.

SAM_0854
/  Expert Heat Protection Intensive Conditioner- £2.49 from Boots /  

Hello everyone! I have a little review post for you today. I came across this hair mask the other day in the Boots clearance aisle. I have been experimenting a bit with difference hair products lately because I really want longer, healthy, shiny hair for our wedding, but hadn't found anything that seemed to really work for me. I use a lot of heat on my hair, and while I always use heat protection, my hair still suffers. I have a uncontrollable, thick, frizzy mane of hair and just can't go without blow dries and straighteners  so as a result, my hair is often dull, dry and damaged. I love the natural dark colour of my hair and never dye it, but find that when my hair becomes dry, the colour gets lighter. I've been looking for products that will add a bit of moisture and shine to my hair, and have used shampoos and masks from Herbal Essences, Aussie  Tresemme, L'Oreal, and found things that were 'ok' but didn't really get the results I'd hoped. I had been planning on spending a bit more and going to pricier brands, but as this was on offer, I picked it up to try.

I must admit, I wasn't expecting much. A shops own brand hair mask in the clearance aisle didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but for £1 (yes, £1!), I thought it was worth a shot. I'm so glad I did! I LOVE this product! It contains pro-vitamin B5, antioxidants and a UV filter (I'm not going to pretend that I know the science behind these at all, but they sound good, don't they?) and claims to add strength back to the hair while protecting from heat damage. The consistency is creamy but quite light, not really thick like you might expect from something called 'intense'. I just applied it in the shower after shampooing mainly through the ends but a little at the roots, left it a couple of minutes and rinsed. As I was rinsing it out, my hair already felt so much smoother! I couldn't believe how much more manageable my hair was while blow drying, and I barely needed to use my straighteners at all, just a little to help shape the front of my hair. This is amazing, considering my hair usually needs so much taming with heat and different products! My hair was so much glossier and looked so healthy and hydrated. My colour was much darker and richer, back to how it used to be before I damaged it. I have never had such good results from any hair mask before! I am so impressed, and will definitely be repurchasing.

.


How are you all? Did any of you do anything special for Valentines day? We had a very quiet but lovely one. I baked brownies, David bought wine, we ordered takeaway and watched Lost In Translation. Perfect!

If you have any hair products you love or have any special hair care tips, please share them, I'd love to improve my hair routine even more!

x ♥

2 comments:

  1. You!!!! Are ridiculously beautiful!!!!

    Such a great review.. my hair NEEDS this.
    I miss your face.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh your hair looks so thick and shiny and gorgeous :) this sounds like a miracle product! I use my straighteners so much, I either use the Lee Stafford heat protection spray, or if I'm at my mum's I use her GHD heat protection spray. Either works great, with just a light spritz or my hair tends to feel dirty quicker :) the Lee Stafford one smells gorgeous too!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate all of them x