My David, my poppy and I have moved into the house with the mint green front door that we can now call our home. The house with the white walls and the worn white floor boards, and all of the creaks and little holes and cracks, and wonkeyness and wobbliness, ever so old and ever so charming. the old furniture that has one leg longer than the others, and the wardrobe doors that have to be kept shut by tying the handles together with ribbons. I have fallen in love with it all. Really and truely.
And in our new home I have been making artwork at my desk in the spare room, while my David creates animations at his desk in the spare room. A creative room of sorts. and we have curled up on the sofa, David reading lord of the rings, I, the little white horse (kindly given by my lovely Charlotte). I have made soup from scratch in the kitchen, and David has made me many cups of tea in the prettiest rose teacup. Another gift from adorable charlotte. we have watched audrey hepburn films and hummed 'moon river' for the rest of the day. we have eaten pink angel delight, kinder eggs and smarties. we have watched poppy explore her new home, finding new hiding places. Behind the sofa, under cabinets, behind the tv and searching in between floorboards for treasures. We have planned what to do with the empty flowerbeds, buying bulbs. tulips and snowdrops and daffodils.
as part of the award I have to state 10 things about myself.
1. I never ever think my artwork is good enough. ever. but i adore making it. I must work on my confidence.
2. I cannot stand having long nails. I do not know why, but as soon as they start growing to the point where the white tip gets longer, i cannot stand it. It gives me a funny sensation around my mouth and teeth, the kind when someone scratches a blackboard. So i must always have my nails cut short.
3. I belive I will never grow up. Not properly. Inside I will always be a little girl.
4. I wish i could blog more, but i always am having to share a computer with 4 other people in my family or with my boyfriend, who does computer animation therefore is always on the computer. This makes it very very difficult to blog. I must save up my pennies for a laptop.
5. My wonderful boyfriend David and I have now been together for over 3 and half years, since we were 15 years old. I still cant really believe how lucky I am to have him.
6. I am happy at the moment, for the first time in quite a while.
7. I miss my Grandad more than anyone in the world. But now I am missing my Grandmother also. she has dementia and is slipping away from us. watching her suffer from it is the cruelest thing I have ever experienced.
8. There is a tiny part of me that really hopes the whole Harry Potter world is actually real. which is silly.
9. I used to believe that clouds were made of candyfloss, and if you found a ladder long enough you could climb up and eat them.
10. I have developed an obsession with jars. I adore finding interesting old jars to use in my artwork.
Thank you to all of you for still reading, even though I have been a truely awful blogger. I adore the blogging world and all of you lovelies in it!!! I appreciate every single comment, and read every single one. and I appreciate every single follower. I adore you all. you make me smile :)
Lots of love